Posts by Crossgen

3 WODs to Try on Valentine’s Day

3 WODs to Try on Valentine’s Day

By on Feb 12, 2015 in Exercise | 0 comments

On this special day, why don’t you both go to the box and challenge each other for the best results? We give you 3 WODs with suggestive names that will knock you out. Dare to try them!   “Ménage à Trois” 3 Rounds of: Grace: 30 Clean & Jerk at 95lbs for women and 135lbs for men. Randy: 75 Power Snatches at 55lbs for women and 75lbs for men. Annie: 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, Double Unders + Sit ups As you might guess by its name, you’ll need 3 elements to complete this WOD. You may risk doing them in pairs, but what can really make things interesting is to compete against another couple or trio. Couples or trios must split up the benchmarks evenly between them, with one athlete performing one part of each WOD at a time.   Dirty Thirty” For time: 30 Box jump, 24 inch box 30 Jumping pull-ups 30 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood 30 Steps Walking Lunge 30 Knees to elbows 30 Push press, 45 pounds 30 Back extensions 30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball 30 Burpees 30 Double unders This WOD has many variations. In fact, it’s a Filthy Fifty adapted to 30 repetitions per exercise.   “The 69 Quickie” For time: 69 High-Five Burpees The couple must perform 69 burpees for time, in front of each other. Instead of clapping your hands on top of your head, you should high-five your partner. Have fun and Happy Valentine’s...

Read More
Pancake with Beef Protein

Pancake with Beef Protein

By on Jan 26, 2015 in Recipes | 1 comment

Today, Crossgen shows you how to prepare these delicious high-protein pancakes for either breakfast or snack time! Let’s get to work! Try it and leave your comments and suggestions here or on our Facebook...

Read More
12 days of Christmas WOD

12 days of Christmas WOD

By on Dec 13, 2014 in Exercise | 0 comments

Binging is usual during holiday season, and so is our inspiration to create workout routines at this time of year. We’re 12 days away from Christmas. Yes, 12! That means it’s time for the famous “12 days of Christmas WOD”. To perform this WOD, you have to follow the pattern of this well-know Christmas Carrol and substitute the gifts for the exercises: On the 1st day of Christmas, my coaches gave to me, one Deadlift; On the 2nd day of Christmas my coaches gave to me, 2 Push press and 1 Deadlift; On the 3rd day of Christmas, my coaches gave to me, 3 Thrusters, 2 Push press, and 1 Deadlift; (…) So, you should add the next exercise at the end of every round, until you get to day 12. Then, the most adventurous can perform the WOD backwards. Some examples of “12 Days of Christmas WOD”:   Example no. 1: 1 C&J 2 Muscle Ups 3 Box Jumps 4 Deadlift 5 Burpees 6 Pistols 7 Hand Release Pushups 8 Toes 2 Bar 9 Wall Ball Shots 10 Chest 2 Bar pullups 11 D-Ball Slams 12 Front Squats   Example no. 2: 1 Deadlift 2 Burpees 3 Pull ups 4 Push ups 5 Toes to bar 6 Shoulder to overhead 7 Box Jumps 8 Lunges 9 Sit ups 10 Ring Rows 11 KB Swings 12 Front Squats If we choose example no. 1, the WOD will be like this: 1 C&J;  2 Muscle Ups + 1 C&J;  3 Deadlift + 2 Muscle Ups + 1 C&J; (…) 12 Front Squats + 11 D-Ball Slams + 10 Chest 2 Bar pullups + 9 Wall Ball Shots + 8 Toes 2 Bar + 7 Hand Release Pushups + 6 Pistols + 5 Burpees + 4 Deadlift + 3 Box Jumps + 2 Muscle Ups + 1 C&J Exercises are negotiable. You can draw up your own “12 Days of Christmas WOD” or accept the Crossgen’s challenge: to perform a different WOD everyday for the next 12 days! Has anyone tried this workout routine before? Which version did you...

Read More